Sunday, August 13, 2017

Design Board: Guest Bedroom


Jon and I have started our house hunt and I've been scouring Pinterest for interior design ideas. I'm slowly accumulating new furniture and design pieces off of Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. I've found amazing deals on items on my wish list, it just requires a little patience and flexibility.



I'm starting this Design Board series off with our guest bedroom. We've been hosting guests since we moved to North Carolina and I'd love to provide them with a comfortable place to stay. My inspiration was a luxe and plush hotel room that is bright and clean yet a little moody with contrasting dark pieces. I'm adding industrial touches to tie in with the rest of the house. 



The colors scheme includes white, navy, slate gray, and black. The space still needs to function when we don't have guests so I added an oversized chair for lounging and a dark gray dresser for my clothes. The bedding will be all white and I might add in some navy throw pillows to connect the patterned headboard and curtains.

Main features:
Geometric upholstery fabric for headboard - fabric.com - $9/yrd
Velvet upholstery fabric for curtains - fabric.com -  $5/yrd
Oversized chair* - jossandmain.com - $650 
Dresser** - overstock.com - $840
Paint - benjaminoore.com - $7/pint
Jute rug - overstock.com - $100 
*I'm not willing to spend that much money on furniture at this point in my life; just using it as a guide to finding something similar
**I already have a wooden dresser that I'm repainting with the Benjamin Moore color to achieve a similar look 

There are also velvet curtains for sale online but since I'm #broke, I'm DIYing them to save a little money. I found a great no sew curtain tutorial that I'll be following, as well as a DIY fabric headboard tutorial. 


No comments:

Post a Comment