Thursday, June 1, 2017

Post Grad: Round 2!

I graduated! I went to Mexico! And I moved! 
It's been a whirlwind but check out some of the decorating and DIYs I've done around the house...
2015 undergrad graduation to 2017 masters graduation

Jon and I are loving our new apartment in North Carolina and I want to share some of the small projects I've worked on so far. First up is the "It's Beer O'clock" magnetic beer opener. I used magnetic paint from Martha Stewart at the bottom. Spoiler alert, the paint doesn't have enough magnetic "juice" to catch the caps as they fall, so I bought small round magnets that attach the caps to the magnetic paint. I gave this to Jon for Christmas and we can't wait to fill it up with creative caps! Also, I'm in love with our subway tile backsplash!
To continue with the drink theme, here is our coffee corner. Jon and I have started to collect mugs from our travels and this is a creative and convenient way to display them. The rods are from Ikea as are the matching S-hooks. We're going with a blue and green theme for the house. 
The floors are pretty great, too!
We have a great outdoor space that I've equipped with some chairs and a hammock. The blue metal stand and colorful outdoor rug are from Five Below. Jon hung colorful lights from the ceiling for me as well.
Enjoying a watermelon bowl on the porch

No comments:

Post a Comment