Sunday, August 13, 2017

Design Board: Dining Area


This design board is for a dining room or kitchen nook. I'm building my design around the black round dining table and wooden x-back chairs. I got them for a steal at $50 for the set. The main color of this room is white with a purple-gray accent wall. The patterned wood wall also adds a nice design feature while still complimenting a small budget.
I have professional family photos (aka dog pictures) that will be used to curate my black and white gallery wall. I'm building the rolling wooden storage with a white cube storage shelf from Walmart. I'm getting pretty creative with finding expensive furniture pieces and finding ways to recreate it for much less. Craigslist helps a lot! Fake it 'til you make it, right?



Main Features:
White storage base - walmart.com - $80
Gray and white Moroccan rug - overstock.com - $150
Black table and chairs - ikea.com - $350/table and $50/chair
Paint in Thistle - Benjaminmoore.com - $7/pint
Black frames (without matte) - michaels.com - $22/4pack 

No comments:

Post a Comment