Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Easy and Fit French Toast

Tuesday was pouring down rain so I decided to cuddle up with a book before class. In that book, they made french toast and it reminded me how my mom used to make french toast forever ago, and I couldn't even remember the last time I ate it. I didn't even remember how to make it... so, obviously I had to change that!

I used Nature's Own whole grain bread slices (4 at 50 cal each)
1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
1 egg white
2 teaspoons cinnamon


I topped mine with half of a banana, some powdered sugar, and light syrup. 

Whisk almond milk, cinnamon, and egg white into a 9x9 pan. Place 2 bread slices into liquid and dip both sides for about 10 seconds. Let excess liquid drip before placing it on a heated skillet. Skillet should be on medium-high heat and allow each side to cook for about 2 minutes. Repeat steps for last 2 slices, top with fruit or syrup (maybe even Greek yogurt?), and enjoy!

 I'm obsessed with anything green tea so Greenberry's green tea bubble tea is so perfect for me! I went last week and they were out of bubbles! Rude. Anyways, I went back this weekend and got my bubble tea and it was amazing...just thought I'd share my little study treat with you all :)



No comments:

Post a Comment