Saturday, September 15, 2012

Frozen S'mores Pie

Hey all! I've really missed posting to my blog and I'm SO happy to finally have some time to put up a post! Trying to move into my apartment and starting new classes I have been swamped. The days have been getting chillier and chillier and although I love autumn, I thought the perfect was to kiss summer good-bye is with a frozen S'mores pie.


Here's what you'll need:
-Graham crackers
-Mini marshmallows
-Chocolate chips
-Your favorite ice cream

Instead of making graham cracker crust, I just laid out whole graham cracker halves to cover the bottom of the pan (it would work great in a square pan!) Next sprinkle a layer of marshmallows and then a layer of chocolate chips and pop them in the oven or into the microwave until the marshmallows start to puff up or brown. 
YUM!
While it's cooling, take your ice cream out of the freezer to let it thaw. Once it's soft enough, use a spatula and scoop a layer of ice cream over the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Cover with foil and let it set in the freezer for a few hours. Cut, serve, and enjoy!


I also thought I would include these adorable turtle cupcakes that a friend made for a meeting. She made vanilla cupcakes with vanilla icing and sour watermelon slices, life savor gummies, Dots, and candy eyes she found in the baking aisle. Cute and delicious! Thanks Jessie!







No comments:

Post a Comment