Monday, June 11, 2012

DIY Recycled Magazine Placemats

I saw this on pinterest and thought it was a great (and very inexpensive) way to add color  to any old table for the summer. I used an old PB Teen magazine because I has a couple of them and love the colors in them. I then ripped out one page and folded in in half, then folded it in half two more times until I only had a small strip left.


The tutorial I read said to sew all the strips together but they were too thick and actually clogged up my sewing machine! I used clear tape instead and that worked just fine to hold them together. Then, I used mod-podge on one side, let it dry, then did the same to the other side. After it was completely dry and the strips were secured to one another I sprayed each side with a clear, water-resistant spray, let dry, and they were done!



I used 11 strips per place mat but you could certainly use more and I kind of suggest it because although mine fit a plate, its more of a tight squeeze :P




No comments:

Post a Comment