Saturday, July 14, 2012

Banana-Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes



After waking up everyday at 6:30am for work, I found it impossible to sleep in on this rainy Saturday morning. I had a sudden pang for pancakes as I saw the Bisquick box as I reached for my usual bowl of cereal. But instead of reaching for the junk-y stuff, I took it into my own hands to find a healthier recipe for delicious pancakes.  Thanks to minimalist baker and tone tiki I combined their own healthy banana oatmeal pancake recipes and created my own pancakes using the items I already had in the house.


What you'll need:
2 large ripe bananas
1 T baking powder
2 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 T almond butter (I didn't use this because I didn't have it!)
6 T almond milk - or any milk you have
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat or unbleached flour
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp honey
about 1/2 cup blueberries


1. Mash bananas and mix with the baking powder 
2. Mix egg whites, vanilla, almond butter, and milk
3. Add in oats and flour until just combined and sprinkle in cinnamon and honey
4. Cook pancakes on medium heat. The pancakes cooked pretty quickly but don't mistake their browning for burning... mine were slightly browned but you couldn't taste it. Add blueberries while the first side is cooking, then flip.
I used PAM on the pan which is why it looks greasy


I paired mine with a little bit of syrup, whipped topping, and strawberries.. yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment