Tuesday, July 3, 2012

DIY Chevron mirror

My Nonna gave me two framed mirrors she had found at a thrift store (they were originally from IKEA). They were already painted but I wasn't exactly a fan of the design. I got some help from my dad who sanded the paint of using a power sander. This saved me many extra coats off paint trying to paint over the previous design! 


After I painted the background color (white) i used a ruler to draw 1" squares to form a grid. Use the squares to make the chevron pattern equal and neat. Then, I had to cut painter's tape and put them over the chevron patterned line... this part was pretty time consuming! After the tape is secured, paint over the frame with your second color (mine was black) and let dry. Take of the tape and fix any imperfections with a smaller brush. 

For a more in-depth tutorial on how to paint chevron stripes go to this website!

Can't wait to move these to my apartment!


No comments:

Post a Comment